You guys! What’s going on!?
These are some things I’ve been getting into lately IN THE FORM OF A LIST. Who is ready for this!? Get involved!
Stuff I’ve Been Doing Instead of Blogging Plus Also, Some Ideas I Have About Various Topics
1. Performing lots of musical improv. I perform with these crazies every other Tuesday and with these crazies every single Thursday. It is pretty much the best thing of my entire life, world without end, amen.
2. Bikram yoga. I took my first Bikram class when I was 19 and have practiced on and off ever since.
SIDE STORY ABOUT HOW IN DENIAL I AM ABOUT MY AGE: Over Christmas, my sister and I went to a new yoga studio that opened near my parents’ house. We had to fill out a questionnaire with questions like HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN PRACTICING YOGA? and DO YOU WEAR A PACEMAKER? For the first question, I answered “two years” and my sister stared at me and was all “HOW OLD DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!”
Ha ha, I am
so much freaking older than that adorable.
Apparently, I’ve been practicing some form of hot yoga for a very long time. But in January for some reason I still don’t understand, I re-dedicated myself to it and oh hallelujah, the obsession has returned and my upper back screams in agony every day because while the rest of me is pretty flexible, my upper back is made of…some kind of…metal, I think? Anyhow, it doesn’t like yoga at all until class is over and then it likes it A LOT. Which brings me to something very important…
3. I hate coconut water. Can we talk about this? I love coconut, you guys. Chocolate dipped macaroons? HOOK A SISTER UP. Coconut is fabulous on everything! On my oatmeal! On a salad with spinach and strawberries! Don’t question it! JUST EAT IT.
Except. Don’t drink it.
I was prepped and ready to love coconut water.
Until I took a sip and felt like I was drinking someone’s vomit.
TOO GRAPHIC? YOU TELL ME. THAT STUFF IS DISGUSTING.
I’ve been drinking it anyway.
4. In an effort to become more of a person who can have ‘normal’ conversation with other humans, I watched Downton Abbey and the first season of Game of Thrones.
Downton Abbey…baffled me. Everyone raved and raved about it and then my boyfriend and I started watching it and kept laughing so incredibly hard because it’s SO! DRAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATIC! And ridiculous. So tell me, I’m supposed to be laughing at it, right? And not taking it seriously? Because that’s what happened.
I will not talk about Game of Thrones except to say that my boyfriend and I both spent at least 1/3 of every episode in the fetal position covering our eyes screaming GROSS! NO! I CAN’T! JUST! UGH! TURN IT OFF TURN IT OFF! and the episode would end and we would look at each other all confused like, “Do you want to watch other episode of this because I do and I have no idea why…”
So we watched them all.
5. My roommate of six years moved out to live on his own in a beautiful one bedroom in Hell’s Kitchen and I am so happy for him and excited except when I come home at night and someone else is in his room and then I want to cry and cry. Change is hard, you guys.
6. There is no number six.
7. IT’S SPRING!!! I took this picture of my office building.
And I’m blogging again.